Why invest in Batam and what is the potential
Batam is one of Indonesian city where it is experiencing significant economic growth supported by the industrial activities in the region. Not forgetting the strategic location near Singapore and Malaysia as another supporting factor.
Comparing with other cities in Indonesia, Batam property market is predicted as the most potential. Due to the ASEAN Economic Community which started in end of 2015, business in Batam has grown significantly.
According to Bank Indonesia survey, Batam property price rise the highest compare with other cities in Indonesia.
Current rules for foreign ownership
Currently, foreigners are allowed to own property in Batam with 4 restrictions
- Foreigners must have permit to work in Batam
- Minimum purchase price is IDR 750 million (or SGD 78,950 equivalent)
- Foreigners must stay in the property and not allow to rent it out
- Maximum tenure is 80 years leasehold
However, many Singaporean who are not working there have invested property in Batam and enjoying great capital appreciation from their investment. So the question is, what is the loophole and how can Singaporean buy property in Batam without have to fulfil the criteria above?
Basically, Singaporean can own property in Batam through Power Of Attorney (POA). Therefore, if you plan to invest in Batam property, you must buy from reputable developer like Oxley Holdings, public listed Singapore developer.
- First integrated premier development in Batam by Singapore-listed renowned developer, Oxley Holdings Limited.
- Located right at the heart of Batam's thriving financial district, Oxley Convention City is the flagship master-planned development by reputable Singapore-listed developer Oxley Holdings Limited and PT Karya Indo Batam (KIB) set to change the way the world thinks, meets and works.
- Easy commute to nearby cities like Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Singapore via flight and ferry
- Located along Jalan Sei Panas and Jalan Raja H. Fisabilillah in Batam's financial district
- Batam's first business tower with integrated convention centre
- Integrated development with a thriving ecosystem including an exclusive hotel, an exciting retail and F&B avenue, a vibrant collection of shop units and three 32-storey towers of luxurious residences
- Developed by Singapore-listed developer Oxley Holdings Limited. Oxley's presence can be found in nine overseas market expansions - Singapore, United Kingdom, Cambodia, Malaysia, China, Myanmar, Japan, Ireland and Indonesia, with core businesses in property development and investment.
Oxley Convention City
First Integrated Development By Public Listed Singapore Developer, Oxley Holdings
For more detail on how can Singaporean own property in Batam. Please provide your contact detail below to arrange one on one appointment.